There's still room if YOU have a recipe to submit for the Foodie Nation. I always make good use of submissions but this week is devoted to what YOU are cooking! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on submitting a recipe.
Today's offering is from Carissa. She got the idea for her Cinnamon Muffins from our girl Shelly at The World According to Eggface. She liked the protein muffin idea and decided to play with it and make it her own!
Here's how it goes down.
Carissa's Cinnamon Muffins
3/4 c. whole wheat pancake mix
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp splenda brown sugar
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/2 c milk
1/4 c. sugar free pancake syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pancake mix, baking soda, cinnamon, brown sugar, protein powder and milk in a medium bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Fold in syrup. I like to not completely mix in the syrup as it adds a little extra syrup surprise in the final product...but its up to you! :)
- I pre-grease my muffin tins so they come out easier after...but again, your prerogative!
- Pour mixture into muffin tins until they are about 3/4 full
- Bake for approximately 16 minutes