Mind you, that's back when they were like ten cents. Which in the whole grand scheme of things doesn't seem SO bad (well yeah it does...but I was a kid!).
Anyhoo...I miss those damn things. So I set about making myself a replica.
As it happens, at the OH Conference in Cincinnati, I got a sample of the new Bariatric Advantage, vitamin-infused protein powder in cake batter flavor. So I got to thinking and...DING! LIGHTBULB! (Yes, ideas are that few and far between these days that they are a celebration. Sad but true).
So anyway...I put on my thinking cap...and blended like a mad woman...and this is what I came up with. now call me crazy...but I think it fits the bill!
Nik's Butterscotch Krimpet Protein Shake
8 oz. milk (whatever kind you use)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (or cake batter flavored if you have it)
2 pumps Davinci sugar-free French Vanilla Syrup
1 tbsp butterscotch pudding mix (or if you want to save some calories, use Davinci sugar-free Butterscotch syrup...I like the pudding because it thickens the shake)
No-calore sweetener to taste
Optional: A little whippage (a.k.a. fat-free whipped cream)
Directions:
Mix according to the Triple X method (or not if you like your shakes thinner) and pour!
Now if I could only come up with a shake that tastes like deep fried Twinkies...life would be PERFECT...




1 comments:
*drool* must try this!!!!!
Post a Comment