That being said, about 10 p.m. last night I remembered today was a “Lenten Friday” and, as such, I was abstaining from chicken, beef, pork, etc. I eat fish, seafood, veggies, whole grains and dairy on those days.
- 1 zucchini (mine was about 7 inches)
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped green pepper
- 2 tbsp. diced onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Salt, pepper, your favorite spices (I used Herbs de Provence, but you can also use Greek seasoning or any other seasoning you like)
- 2 tbsp. quinoa (I used red quinoa – tastes the same to me)
- 2/3 c. water
- 4 oz. tilapia filet (or other white fish filet of your choice)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. soy flour
- ¾ c. milk (I used skim)
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. goat cheese (or other sharp cheese of your liking)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
VERDICT: I loved it! Somehow the dish tasted like there was bacon in it but there was not! It was savory and fragrant and...not a bowl of tuna! (Which is what I was going for. I wanted a lunch that felt like lunch.) I love the stuffed zucchini concept so I'm going to play around with it some more.
If you've made one, share how you stuffed yours!