So...I get the package and am ridiculously excited (as evidenced by my post). My first impression of the canister was that I think they should have changed up the packaging a bit. I mean this is New! Vanilla Latte! CLICK! If Click were sold on a shelf near me (and thank GOD it isn't) and I passed this stuff, I'd think it was the old flavor. I wouldn't know it was the New! Vanilla Latte! CLICK!!!
S'anyway...
I seriously thought about foregoing lunch to try this but I decided against it. My lunch involved grilled chicken, technically a better source of protein than the casein protein in Click. One thing I love about my RNY is the ability to think rationally about my food choices. Actions? That's a whole 'nother jar of peanut butter. But I digress...
So I have this thing of Hood milk here at the office. I brought it in one day and forgot to take it home. Hood milk lasts forever and ever. I bought it a month ago and the stuff doesn't expire for another three weeks. Anyhoo...so I get out my trusty work blender (yes, I keep a blender at work. A mini-sized one) and my Hood milk. I like cold protein drinks so I poured in some milk and opened my jar of New! Vanilla Latte! Click! and...
It is soooo wierd. It's like white with little brown flecks in it. Kinda like when I make my decaf version of Click and you can see the flecks of coffee in it. Freaky. I guess the brown in the mocha hides that dynamic. Anyway, it smells like cake batter. I don't like that but I am willing to forgive it stuff tastes good.
So I whiz up 2 scoops with some milk and decide to taste it straight up (my inclination is to add about 3 packets of Splenda). Not bad...not bad at all. But I still want Splenda. So I add it + 6 ice cubes (my rule for making a good thick shake...add ice until 2 cubes break the surface of the liquid...). Whiz it again and taste...
You know what it tastes like to me...coffee flavored ice cream. I kid you not. I was so pleased! I LOVED coffee flavored ice cream as a kid. Mind you I loved it atop a warm brownie but I'm trying to live better these days.
So my verdict? Me likes. I have to play with it some before I decide if I like it better than mocha. It's got big shoes to fill. So my next mission is to make a protein heavy vanilla Click Frapp (my mocha one sports 42.5g of protein).
I'll keep you posted.




0 comments:
Post a Comment